Five (million) fussy fish
Four bitchy cats
Two stinky dogs
One leopard geko
And a paaaaaartridge in a peeeear treeeeee
And not a one was purchased. All adopted/dropped off/abandoned/rescued/on death's door.
And all have special needs.
Siamese fighters. Yep, they'll fight to the death if you let 'em. Gotta Keep Em Separated. Oh, and baby guppies? Really small. Try separating those so mama doesn't follow her maternal instincts and eat them for lunch. If you feel like a special challenge before you head off for work, leave son unattended with golf club in the same room as the tank. Hilarity ensues as you attempt to save all the fishies by hand without slicing yourself to ribbons in the process. Bonus points if you keep your grown-up work attire dry in the three hours it takes to clean the carnage up.
We have food-obesseed obesity kitty.
Growth-stunted, flew out of second storey window retarded kitty.
Allergic-to-fish and scared of his own shadow super gay kitty.
And tail-less but refuses-to-come-inside-ever-due-to-other-kitties kitty.
One suspected-abuse case doggy of unknown genetic origin.
One definitely-abused chow with a bad attitude, bad breath and missing teeth, pins in all her legs and chewed off ears.
A sulky geko who regularly goes on month-long hunger strikes, refuses to eat alternately worms OR crickets and makes you guess which one she favours this week, and escapes her cage for a walkabout in the skirting boards, only to return days later to sit atop said cage with an air of superiority second to none.
Sound gorgeous, don't they?
It's a zoo. And I wish that was a figurative term. (Not really. I love them all. I like animals better than I like most people. Sheesh.)
Which is why I'm so not going to adopt newest kitty in need.
It's a just a bad, bad idea. No matter how adorable and adrift this little one is. Five cats is pushing it.

So I'm definitely not gonna do it this time. There has to be a limit. I'm not taking in this cat.
Unless, you know, you guys think I should totally do that.
Four bitchy cats
Two stinky dogs
One leopard geko
And a paaaaaartridge in a peeeear treeeeee
And not a one was purchased. All adopted/dropped off/abandoned/rescued/on death's door.
And all have special needs.
Siamese fighters. Yep, they'll fight to the death if you let 'em. Gotta Keep Em Separated. Oh, and baby guppies? Really small. Try separating those so mama doesn't follow her maternal instincts and eat them for lunch. If you feel like a special challenge before you head off for work, leave son unattended with golf club in the same room as the tank. Hilarity ensues as you attempt to save all the fishies by hand without slicing yourself to ribbons in the process. Bonus points if you keep your grown-up work attire dry in the three hours it takes to clean the carnage up.
We have food-obesseed obesity kitty.
Growth-stunted, flew out of second storey window retarded kitty.
Allergic-to-fish and scared of his own shadow super gay kitty.
And tail-less but refuses-to-come-inside-ever-due-to-other-kitties kitty.
One suspected-abuse case doggy of unknown genetic origin.
One definitely-abused chow with a bad attitude, bad breath and missing teeth, pins in all her legs and chewed off ears.
A sulky geko who regularly goes on month-long hunger strikes, refuses to eat alternately worms OR crickets and makes you guess which one she favours this week, and escapes her cage for a walkabout in the skirting boards, only to return days later to sit atop said cage with an air of superiority second to none.
Sound gorgeous, don't they?
It's a zoo. And I wish that was a figurative term. (Not really. I love them all. I like animals better than I like most people. Sheesh.)
Which is why I'm so not going to adopt newest kitty in need.
It's a just a bad, bad idea. No matter how adorable and adrift this little one is. Five cats is pushing it.

So I'm definitely not gonna do it this time. There has to be a limit. I'm not taking in this cat.
Unless, you know, you guys think I should totally do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment