Friday, August 1, 2008

I will shake you

I love my co-worker. She's a friend and the only other living entity I can tolerate in my space most days. We are in a semi-shared open plannish type office. This makes life easier for constant work-related communication (read: bitching) and notsogood for one. very. important. reason.





She sings. A lot.


Loudly.





This I can take.


But when she doesn't actually know the words of the song she's singing?


And I'm treated to one line of the same song overnovernovernoveragain?


And when her internal playlist consists mostly of obscure, annoying or random earworm snippets?





I have visions of shaking her like an iPod shuffle. Just to change the damn track.





There's only so much my sanity can take....please, for the love of Mike, sing another line. From another song. You're frozen on repeat. And it's making me want to punch you in the uvula.



Just today, I have been treated to the following gems:

"I can see cleeeeeeearly now, the rain has gone..........."
"And I. HAD. THE. TIME. OF my LIiiIIiiiiiiiife...."'
"Relax! Take it EeEeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEasy..."

And my personal favourite:
"Oh when the Saints, go marching in, oh when the SAINTS go marching IN..."

So please. Stop sharing. Or I will shake you.



That is all. As you were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i say smack her. when a machine is broken, brute force works best to repair it